Monday, August 15, 2016

Tara's thoughts on Jon

Jon and I met over eleven years ago. We didn't date long before we got engaged, six weeks to be exact. During the few weeks that we dated, I knew Jon was someone I wanted to marry. Growing up, I always wanted to marry a guy like my dad, someone who is thoughtful, a gentleman, doesn't like hunting or sports (not that it was important, but I'm not in to either), and most of all someone who would love and adore me like my dad. Well, I found that man in Jon. He is such a thoughtful, loving man and a wonderful father. He is a hard worker and is very good about helping with Sophie and helping me around the house. He does dishes, cleans the house, vacuums, and cooks on occasion. One of my most favorite things about Jon, is that he makes me laugh. Whether it's from singing/whistling in the shower, to tickling me, or dancing in the kitchen, he knows how to bring a smile to my face and how to get me to laugh.   

 Engagement picture

Wedding picture 2001

Jon is a kid at heart, he loves to watch movies, play games and he loves presents. You can see the child in him most at Christmas time. Anyone who has spent Christmas Eve with us, can attest to the excitement that Jon exudes on Christmas eve and Christmas morning. I love seeing this side of him, because it reminds me of the joy and excitement we should all feel at Christmas time.  We've had fun watching Sophie as she gets so excited about all the joys of Christmas; seeing Christmas lights, snow, presents and of course Santa Claus. She definitely takes after Jon!  I just love watching them together.  They have so much fun playing and he knows just how to make her laugh.  They enjoy playing hide-and-seek among other games (Old Maid, Sleeping Queens, and Kinder Bunnies), going to the park, playing in the snow, riding bikes, swimming and reading books together.  One of their favorite past times is hot chocolate and books on Saturday mornings while Mommy does her workout. Jon loves Sophie so much and she absolutely adores him!

Swinging at the park

Playing in Aunt Heather's pool

Jon and I have been through many trials, and through all of them he has been my greatest support and anchor, even while he was fighting cancer.  We depend on one another and support one another in all that we do.  He is my best friend and I love having someone to talk to and go on dates with.  I feel so blessed to have him as my husband and eternal companion.

Summer 2015