Monday, August 15, 2016

Jon's Thoughts On Tara

Of course it shouldn't be surprising that I would say that Tara is the most important person in my life. She has been the most supportive companion that I could have asked for. She has supported me through graduate school and come halfway across the country with me. First we went north to Montana and then we came east to Minnesota for my new job.

Graduated with his PhD

Tara is such a happy person. She loves the sunshine, working in the yard, and most any outside activity. She also loves to be with family and friends. She always has their interests at heart and is ready to volunteer her skills and time to help others. She is so full of love and that is most evident to me as I watch her be a mother to Sophie.  She so enjoys being with her everyday when I go to work.  I see Sophie already wanting to be like her and that makes me very happy.

Girls on the Run coaches training with Molly Barker, the founder of GOTR
Tara volunteered as a coach for GOTR

Our first Girls on the Run 5k

Tara with the young women from church at girls camp 2015

I know that Tara will also be a huge support to our children. She has been so loving to Sophie and laying the foundation for an open relationship to her. I can see Sophie and Mom being friends and confidants through the teenage years and beyond. She is a special woman and makes each of her family members feel special. She is always doing small things for me and Sophie to remind us how much she loves us.

Going boating

Mommy kisses

Sophie and Mommy



Tara has helped me to reach my full potential and I am glad to see her looking for ways to teach and challenge Sophie. She has been an unwavering companion as we work through challenges of life and she has also been my best friend. She helped me through the trial of cancer and thanks to modern medicine I will be around a long time for us to continue being together. It is wonderful having a permanent date and someone who shares my interests. I simply could not live without her. I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Summer 2011

Summer 2015