Monday, August 15, 2016

A Little About Tara

It has always been hard for me to write about myself, but I really want you to get to know a little bit about who I am and where I come from. I am the oldest of three children. I have a brother who is four years younger than me and sister who is seven years younger than me. The three of us love to get together and just hang out. From the time I was little, I've known how important family is. I grew up close to my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents, and we spent a lot of time together. Holidays were always my favorite, because we were always with our family. I always dreamed of having a family of my own, but the reality of that changed about eight years ago, when we realized that I won't be able to have children of my own. However I never gave up hope.

Tara's siblings

I am a shy person when I am around people I don't know well. My friends wouldn't say that I'm shy, but I'm certainly not the first to introduce myself to a stranger. I don't like being the center of attention, it makes me uncomfortable. I love spending time with my family and friends. I love shopping, watching romantic movies and playing games. Playing games with Jon has taught me to be a little competitive. He challenges me and I like that, it helps me to be a better player.

Grand Canyon of Yellowstone

Sophie's first "camping" trip

 Sophie's first trip to Disneyland

 Sophie's first time at the ocean

 Zip lining in Mexico

Enjoying the beach in Mexico

I love to read when I have the time, I also love to crochet and knit. My favorite things to knit are baby hats, and I enjoy crocheting baby afghans and hats. I love the outdoors, hiking and camping in the mountains, going to the beach, going for walks and just being outside. Traveling to new places is one of my most favorite things to do. When I was 16 my grandma took me to Spain for two months to visit my aunt, uncle and cousins. It was the most amazing trip. My mom is from Peru and 17 years ago our family got to travel to Peru for two weeks to see where my mom grew up. We got to meet her relatives and see the house she lived in as a young girl. I felt like I was in another world, but it was so neat to see a different way of life. Jon and I have been on two cruises and have been to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Beliz, Bahamas, Cozumel, and Roatan. This past February we were able to take Sophie to Disneyland and the beach for the first time. She loved it, especially the beach! A month after our Disneyland trip, Jon and I were able to take a trip to Cancun, Mexico for a week to relax and have fun. It was wonderful!

I knit the hat that Sophie is wearing and crocheted the flowers on the hat and sweater.  Sophie's grandma knit the sweater for her.

A hat that I crocheted for someone's baby

I crocheted these little sandals for my friend's baby girl.

I am an x-ray tech by profession and I chose that as my career, because I love helping people. When I was 15 I got very sick and spent a couple of months in the hospital. Because of that experience I knew that I wanted to work in the medical field so that I could help other people who are sick.  I have enjoyed my work, but I gladly gave it up to be home with my baby girl.  I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to stay home with Sophie.  She brings me so much joy and happiness and she makes me laugh every day.  I love being here to see each new stage, to see the first time she rolled over or the first time she sat up on her own.  I was there to see her first steps and to hear her first word, and I wouldn't give it up for anything.  It's so fun to see and hear all the new things that she is learning.  She is so full of life and she gets so excited over the simplest things.  She reminds me to enjoy the simple things of life.  My only hope is that I can teach her all the important things that she needs to know.

 Painting toenails

Early morning snuggles

All dressed up for church

 Love the hugs 

 Lots of kisses

Because of a wonderful woman like you, I have been given the greatest blessing of becoming a mother.  I love being a mom and I anxiously look forward to becoming a mother once again.